Dear Friends and Readers. Here are two shiny ways to annoy people in two parts of three easy steps each:
1) Get into an argument with a homo-americo-judeo-gyno-xeno-or-some-other-phobe-socialist-liberal-conservative-libertarian in another person’s journal. Put a link to that discussion thread in your journal.
For extra deadprogrammerTM points disable comments on the post in your journal because you are tired of people telling you that you should not waste your time on stupid crap like that.
For super-duper deadprogrammerTM bonus points make sure that the homo-americo-judeo-gyno-xeno-or-some-other-phobe-socialist-liberal-conservative-libertarian in question is incapable of logical thinking or is just plain stupid.
2) Choose to live in a place known for its miserable weather. Like Boston, for instance. Complain about miserable weather incessantly.
For bonus deadprogrammerTM points : work long hours while studying for an advanced degree with weasels. Complain about stress and general unhappiness.
For super-duper deadprogrammerTM points: complain about your messy apartment.
* The only Libertarian candidate in the California recall looks really scary:
Eeeek. Maybe he should stop smoking. And get a shave. And splurge on a good photographer once in a while. And get a better tie.
* Governator’s middle name is Alois. He heh.
* Finally figured out the origin of an expression “drink the Kool-Aid”.
I finally sent out a New York State voter registration form. To get to vote in the general election you have to pick a party. There is a list of checkboxes which lists the parties recognized by the New York State: Republican, Democratic, Independence, Conservative, Liberal, Right to Life , Green and Working Families.
To be listed on the form the party has to have a membership of at least 50,000. A while back the Green Party failed to gather that many members and was removed from the ballot. They went to court and first of all got themselves back on the list somehow and also won a provision to add “other” field to the new form. So apparently now you can write in Jedi Party, MP3 Party, Tastycrats, Fingerlicans, One Cell One Vote, Green Party, Brain Slug Party, Dudes For The Legalation Of Of Hemp, Bull Space Moose Party, National Raygun Association (NRA), People for the Ethical Treatment of Humans, Voter Apathy Party, Anti-Socialists, Rainbow Whigs or you can go with established and conservative Marijuana Reform Party Of New York State.
I scribbled in Libertarian.